Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Lake (I mean Ocean) of Shining Waters

It's another beautiful day here in Wrangell. I'm starting to feel like a meteorologist because I keep giving updates on the weather. I guess I take after my Dad! :) Lots of blue sky today and while I was at....yep, you guessed it--Petroglyph Beach, the sun was shining in the water and it was great. It was fun to see the tide come in. The place I was originally taking pictures was under water in minutes. So cool! Found some more seashells and even grabbed some out of the water. Man, was that COLD! I saw 3 eagles today in various places, and I got a picture of one in a tree. Not as good as the ones from the eagle center in Ketchikan, but this one was "in the wild." I hope you're not bored with my mountain pictures, but I absolutely love them. I know they're the same mountain every day and they probably don't look that different from the last time I took pictures of them, but you never know when the conditions will be right for that once-in-a-lifetime photo, so I keep filling up memory cards with mountain pictures. On Friday, Eric, Joan, Tyler and I are going to LeConte Glacier. I can't wait. It should be fun. My camera is getting ready for that day! I'm sure it'll get a workout.


No comments: