Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Blueberry Fiasco

I went to Eric & Joan’s to watch eagles. They caught a halibut on their river trip and Eric threw the guts out on the beach. First the crows came, but the eagles were standoffish. Then I saw a black lab on the beach, so that could have been part of the reason. Once the dog was gone, the crows came back and then the eagles moved in. There were 3 bald eagles and 8 immature ones. It was fun to see. I got lots of pictures. Finally one of the bald eagles flew off with the remainder of the carcass. After lunch, I walked on Volunteer Trail to pick blueberries. I found tons of them. Picked probably 1 quart. I was gone for 2 hours. Got some good pictures too. Like a rain forest in there. When I got back to Grandma’s, I started cleaning the berries. There were little green worms in some of them. Well, it was hard to see what ones had worms in them, so in the end I threw them away. How sad…….a whole quart of wild blueberries and I had to throw them away. Two hours of my life wasted. Well, not wasted. Is time ever wasted when you can take pictures and be outside? I did take a picture of the berries, because they really were pretty. It will be a reminder of the crazy blueberry fiasco.

1 comment:

erin said...

yea... i can comment now! cool eagle pic. i also like the depth of field on the flower one. :-) how's the tripod workin?