Thursday, July 24, 2008

Catch-a-can.....oops, I mean "Ketchikan"

It was a gorgeous day here in Ketchikan. Blue sky everywhere with little wispy clouds. After spending 3 and a half hours in Wal-Mart (lots of souvenirs there), Grandma and I decided to take advantage of the nice day, since tomorrow there's 80% chance of rain. We rode the city bus to Totem Bight State Park, where there are 15 totem poles standing in a beautiful park near the ocean. The intricate designs were interesting to look at. There was a clan house which is representative of the type many Native villages had in the late 19th century. It was a great day outside. Here in the rain capital of Alaska, we haven't seen a drop yet! I'm okay with that, but I still haven't worn my new rain coat on this Alaska trip!



No comments: