Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm almost there...

My trip to Alaska has officially begun....Well, actually it began yesterday at 8:30 a.m. when I got out of bed after being up till 2 a.m. After a leisurely morning, we headed to Minneapolis. Stopped at the Como Zoo to waste some time and break up the trip for my parents, sister, and her kids as they were heading back to Kansas City. Then I was off to the airport with a few hours wait until my flight to Portland...which is where I am now. I'm really ready for sleep, but I don't think that's going to happen, although it's really quiet here now. But I don't want to risk that I'd really fall asleep and then miss my flight to Seattle. So I think I'll try to stay awake. Not too many people here...can't "people watch." :( I'm sure more will show up as "normal" hours arrive. My connecting flight in Seattle is scheduled to leave 40 minutes after I'm supposed to land, so hopefully I'll make it. I guess I'll get to watch the sun rise. Most of you know, that's not a common occurrence for me!!! :) Well, I guess that's all there is to say at this point. Catch up with you later.

No comments: